I believe it's God's desire for Christians to be the aroma of Christ no matter where we are. "As we are going..." The Great Commission commands us to make disciples by baptizing people and teaching them what Jesus taught. My desire is to see Christians rise up in obedience and be a part of what God is doing all over the world and right here at home. I hope that my stories can be inspiring, uplifting, and challenging to everyone desiring to do something more with their lives.







Friday, February 4, 2011

Getting started...

So, I think I'm pretty much settled now.  I even found a part-time job working at an after school tutoring program for Chinese students.  It's really just a glorified babysitting job, but for $15/hr, I can't complain.  The cost of living is so high here.  I'm not sure how people do it!  And don't get me started on how much tax is here...it's like they enjoy stealing my hard earned money!  Anyway, I'm still getting a feel for my ministry position here.  Trying to learn the ins and outs of a strategist in order to figure out how to best reach the masses here in the area.  Did you know that the San Fran Bay area has a bigger population than 39 U.S. states?!?!?  That is huge!  However, the number of churches here probably ranks in the bottom of the polls.  Most people aren't interested in church.  In fact, a lot of people here have a bad view of Christians because of the hate that some "Christians" have towards gays and liberals.  However, I hope to be a part of change taking place here--a change that shows true Christian love, Christ's love for all.  I hope to be an accurate representative of the true teachings of Christ and His love for us.  I hope that you will join with me in praying for the people of this area.  Pray for spiritual understanding, pray for healing, pray for enlightenment of their hearts towards the Truth of God. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment