I believe it's God's desire for Christians to be the aroma of Christ no matter where we are. "As we are going..." The Great Commission commands us to make disciples by baptizing people and teaching them what Jesus taught. My desire is to see Christians rise up in obedience and be a part of what God is doing all over the world and right here at home. I hope that my stories can be inspiring, uplifting, and challenging to everyone desiring to do something more with their lives.







Saturday, February 26, 2011

Funny Friday

So today we went to San Luis Obispo and surrounding areas.  We found lots of interesting spots like Pirates' Cove.  In order to get to Pirate's Cove, we were told to ask a local for directions.  We were told that Pirate's Cove is the BEST place to look at the ocean.  WELL, we found a local.  He was wondering why we wanted to go to Pirate's Cove, but gave us directions.  He warned us that it may not be what we were expecting.  Apparently Pirate's Cove is a nude beach.  We decided to take our chances considering it was COLD and RAINING!  So, we found Pirate's Cove and luckily, it was neither nude nor a beach today.  Lucky!  Another fun thing we did was wait in line for the men's bathroom.  Yes, that's right, the men's bathroom.  At the Madonna Inn is a men's bathroom that has actually become a tourist attraction because the urinals are waterfalls.  We had to wait quite a while to get in (those guys were worse than girls!).  But we finally saw the waterfalls.  Wow.  Let's just say, I can't wait to stay in this motel.  It is the kitschiest place I've ever seen complete with pink pink everywhere, guady furniture and little creepy dolls!  Awesome.  After that we went to Bubblegum Alley.  This is a small alley way that is top to bottom ABC gum.  After chewing our gum and sticking it on the wall, we decided to take pictures of our gum.  I was proud of my gum so I stuck my finger confidently on it for the picture...but wait...my finger is on pink gum.  I was chewing white gum....gross!  The end.






1.  Bubble Gum Alley
2.  Me pointing confidently at my gum
3.  Not my gum
4.  Pink is in at the Madonna Inn
5.  The men's waterfall urinals

0 comments:

Post a Comment