I believe it's God's desire for Christians to be the aroma of Christ no matter where we are. "As we are going..." The Great Commission commands us to make disciples by baptizing people and teaching them what Jesus taught. My desire is to see Christians rise up in obedience and be a part of what God is doing all over the world and right here at home. I hope that my stories can be inspiring, uplifting, and challenging to everyone desiring to do something more with their lives.







Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The power of Hope.

So today, more running. And running. This time I had a running partner though...April. The only music I have on my phone right now is the 127 Hour soundtrack, which I might add is amazing! But that got me to thinking about the movie. It is a great picture of human emotions and what happens when hope is gone and then realized again. I was telling April about a convesation my dad and I had. I was telling my dad how great the movie is. I was telling him the reason the guy ended up cutting off his arm. (I won't tell you in case you haven't seen the movie). Basically, the guy was ready to die. He had given up all hope until something gave him a glimmer of hope and caused him to renew his will to live. My dad mentioned that it was a great example of what the power of hope can do. You know, I never really thought about that. As Christians, we have so much hope. April and I were talking about this, and she mentioned her time overseas. She said that while she was overseas, hope sustained her. I can relate. Looking forward in hope, can gave me the encouragment I needed to get through hard days. Even though right now, our time of running is hard, we have hope to that short portion of walking we get to do. We have something to look forward to, something to hope in. As children of God, we can look forward to the hope we have in Christ Jesus of eternal life. We have what we need to get through the hard days. But so many around us, don't have hope. Can you imagine living life without hope? What darkness must surround them. My heart hurts for those who have no hope. It drives me to share my hope with those around me because I can't imagine life without hope.

Running toward the goal with hope in my heart....
Brook

0 comments:

Post a Comment