I believe it's God's desire for Christians to be the aroma of Christ no matter where we are. "As we are going..." The Great Commission commands us to make disciples by baptizing people and teaching them what Jesus taught. My desire is to see Christians rise up in obedience and be a part of what God is doing all over the world and right here at home. I hope that my stories can be inspiring, uplifting, and challenging to everyone desiring to do something more with their lives.







Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I am my beloved's and He is mine...

"For My Love" by Bethany Dillon

Walk towards me
I want to hear
The heavens singing over you
When you breathe
And look at me
I want to be captured by you

Gaze into my eyes
And let me know you'd fight
Thousands, for my love
Slip your hand in mine
Ask me to dance with you tonight
Just ask me for my love

I want to hide
What's deep in my eyes
I'm scared to be known by you
But when I turn my head
And see you there
I want to be pursued

Gaze into my eyes
And let me know you'd fight
Thousands, for my love
Slip your hand in mine
Ask me to dance with you tonight
Just ask me for my love

A dream I won't wake from
A story that will never end
The ground your feet walk on
Let me be there, let me be there

Gaze into my eyes
Let me know you'd fight
Thousands, for my love
Slip your hand in mine
Ask me to dance with you tonight
Just ask me for my love


So I just got done reading a really great book (for the 3rd time):  "The Princess" by Lori Wick.  Yes, it's fiction...Christian fiction.  But, it is a really great story of two people learning to love and choosing to love.  It's a beautiful picture of a man pursuing a woman and in the process falling in love.  I know it sounds pretty cheesy, I suppose it may be, but I'm all about cheesy.  Plus, it got me to thinking about stuff.  Yeah, I know it's scary when I start thinking about "stuff".  April and I were talking about how much we loved the book.  She was mentioning that someday if God brings her a husband, that she wants him to read that book.  Why?  Because I promise it is the heart of every woman.  Every woman wants to be pursued.   I finished reading the book and was left with this feeling of "I want to be that girl."  Loved. Cherished. Purused.  Then I started randomly singing the above song by Bethany Dillon.  It fits, right?  I love this song.  It echos in my own heart. 

Today, I took the first steps toward my goal of losing weight and becoming a runner.  It about killed me, but I will press on...even though I hate running right now.  Yuck!  Anyway, as I started running, I figured I could use my time to pray.  I did some praying.  I really prayed for someone that was on my heart last night and this morning.  I was also taking some time to pray for my future husband (if that is what God has planned) and myself.  I prayed that his heart would be up for the pursuit and that my heart would be as well.  I prayed that God would continue making me into the woman He would have me be, a suitable wife, but more importantly an obedient daughter to Him.  I prayed that the guy that would be my future husband would be growing into the man that God would have Him be and that He would be growing into a strong. Godly man ready to lead and obedient to Him.  And then I prayed for the longing in my heart to be pursued by a guy.  A longing that has only gotten stronger the older I get.  Especially since I've now reached that long dreaded (or awaited) age mark of 30.  I never imgained that I would be single at 30....but I am.  Like I said in my last post, I have so much to be thankful for, I can't really complain that this one thing hasn't been fulfilled.  However, it doesn't mean it has gone (or will go) away. 

More running.  More thinking.  I began thinking about being chased.  I was so tired and huffing and puffing.  I thought "What if someone was chasing me? I definitely couldn't run very far....I wonder if the person that could be chasing me would be able to out run me?"  Which led me to thinking about God.  Ding! Ding! Ding!  GOD IS PURSUING ME!  Woah, what?  Yes, God is pursuing me.  He is after my heart.  He is wooing me.  He loves me.  He cherishes me.  He pursues me.  And you know what...He can out run me.  He can keep up.  AND, He does not ever ever grow tired.  He pursues relentlessly, even when I don't thhink He is there.  It does take some reciprication though.  Just as I will have to be willing to be pursued and run towards the guy...I also have to be willing to run towards God and let my heart be open to what He wants and has for me.  He promises in His word that:
Isaiah 28 Do you not know?
   Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
   the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
   and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
   and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
   and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD
   will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
   they will run and not grow weary,
   they will walk and not be faint
He will give me strength to run after Him.  He will not grow tired or weary of pursuing me. If He seems distant, it may because I am running away, instead of toward. 
Anyway, just some thoughts I had.  My heart is longing....God will be fulfilling, in His time and in His way.  Am I ready?  Will I be willing? 
Running on...tomorrow, the next day, and the day after that, until He gives me rest.
Brook

2 comments:

amanda l said...

WOW, great thoughts on God persuing us....He fulfills the longings of our heart!!!! The one thing I enjoy about jogging/running is how you can clear you head and pray. It's like it's an open book and God listens and speaks during those runs. Good luck as you head out for another run day after day, I promise they do get easier as you build up your endurance!!!

brook said...

Thanks Amanda! I am really working on being more disciplined. I have decided to run the half-marathon in Phoenix, AZ in January of next year....thinking about it makes me want to pee my pants cause I'm not sure if I can do it, but it gives me motivation to complete my goal.

Post a Comment