I believe it's God's desire for Christians to be the aroma of Christ no matter where we are. "As we are going..." The Great Commission commands us to make disciples by baptizing people and teaching them what Jesus taught. My desire is to see Christians rise up in obedience and be a part of what God is doing all over the world and right here at home. I hope that my stories can be inspiring, uplifting, and challenging to everyone desiring to do something more with their lives.







Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I object!

As much as I would like to think that I would make a fantastic lawyer (or not) for God, I have come to the realization that God does not need me to defend him.  Really?  God doesn't need me to defend Him??  Nope.  Not at all.  I get really defensive when people start talking trash about God.  Or when they start mocking Him or blaming Him for things that they so apparently caused.  Or just when they politely listen as I talk about the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me and then they politely dismiss it with a smile and a nod.  But you know what, if God is big enough to speak the world into being, then He is most definitely big enough to defend himself.  However, God is showing me that my defensiveness can be sinful. Instead of showing them love, I am showing them ridicule and unkindness by trying to "prove" to them how great God is.  If I truly want to show them how great God is, I should show them love and compassion.   I should pray for them because they are missing out on the one thing in life that will satisify, complete, bring peace, joy, and hope....the one thing in life they are searching for and can't live without.  God, please change my attitude of standing up for You into one that is standing in the gap for those who need You.  Help me to stand up for them against the lies of Satan.  Help me to see them as you see them....lost sheep without a shepherd. 

1 comments:

Tracy said...

I like this post....a good encouragement for the darkness and loneliness felt in a university classroom.

Post a Comment